Two full days of discovery and possibility
We’ve filled our two-day conference with forum sessions, drone showcase, and networking activities to cover every possible question or reservation you have about the current commercial drone industry. Check out the agenda below.
*Programme and Invited Speakers are To be Confirmed. Programme is subject to change at the Organizer’s discretion.
TURN YOUR IDEA INTO A CONCEPT
Calling bright and creative individuals & teams out there! Join the Hackathon @GDCKL2020!
Collaborate and unleash your creativity and problem-solving skills to come up with solutions on how to best tackle 3 challenges:
· Drone & Data AI
· Sensors & Drones
· Drone & Data Ethics
The GDCKL Hackathon is inviting bright and creative individuals and teams from all over the planet to work on solutions on how to best tackle 3 challenges: Drone & Data AI, Drone & Data Ethics and Sensors & Drones.
The three themes are as follows:
- How can drone data and AI tools become more relevant to solving local social, business and security challenges?
- How can drones and the data collected using drones be used ethically to solve local social and business problems?
- How sensors and drones can work together for an integrated future Sensors & Drones – to design and develop / program iot sensors with no limits to the imagination of solving a number of industry problems and connecting this into drone related ecosystem
A list of industry challenges will be provided for selection. Participants can use more than one challenge. Participants can select one or more use case outside of the listed.
Ideation on site
Choose your challenge and submit your idea.
It all starts with your idea! Create a team at the venue on 2 March 2020. Choose your challenge, receive a detailed description of the challenge, and a template to define your idea, information on criteria and eligibility.
Submit a maximum of a 2-page description of your idea at 5pm on Day 1.
Turn your idea into a concept on Day 2
Expert juries will comb through the great ideas and fine tune your ideas for scalability. Your team will then present the concept in front of the jury on 3 March at 4.00pm.
Cash prizes will be awarded to 3 top teams. In the coming 4 months, mentors will support the finalists to create actual solutions to be used in the real world
REGISTER HERE latest by 5:00 pm on 24 February 2020
The Hackathon is brought to you by SME Corp. Malaysia and W Λ Ν Ν Λ Ν . S P Λ С Ξ
ARE YOU LOOKING TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS?
If you are an early-stage startup in the commercial drone industry with clear growth potential, don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Join the Drone Biz Pitching @GDCKL2020!
Pitch your ideas to a panel of decision makers from organisations exploring the use of drones for their operations.
Pitch Selection Criteria
- Clarity of business – is it easy to understand what problem are you solving
- Principal/Team participants – what are the team dymanics like?
- Scalability – can it scale & attract additional investment?
- A true entrepreneurial startup – aka no pizza delivery drones.
- Viability – is there a market and a way to monetize the idea?
Criteria for pitches are as follows;
- Early-stage startup actively raising capital.
- The product or service must be directly involved in the unmanned systems industry in a unique or distinctive way.
- The startup must have at minimum RM30,000 in confirmed revenue.
- The startup must have at least 1 Full-time employee (this can be the founder).
- Must demonstrate clear potential for growth.
- Each pitch will be given 4 minutes to present.
- 1-2 slide maximum allowed.
- Direct request for funds on stage are not encouraged.
- Must be available in person to present on 3 March 2020 at MITEC Kuala Lumpur
- Selected entrepreneurs will receive a complimentary registration to the Global Drone Conference 2020
SUBMIT YOUR PITCH DECK by email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5:00 pm on 24 February 2020.
“Pitch Your Drone Biz” is brought to you by SME Corp. Malaysia
The Global Drone Conference Advisory Board features the highest-esteemed members in the commercial and defence drone industry. Their advice and unrivaled expertise will help guide program content and speaker selection, ensuring Asia’s most comprehensive drone event to be held in 2020.
Managing Partner, Best Events Productions
With a strong passion in edutainment, Sarah Bakri got her career head start designing fun, interactive programmes and events at KidZania for clients such as Canon, Brother, Stabilo, AirAsia and McDonalds. Through various projects she continues to hone her Experiential Events & Marketing expertise.
Vice President, Nodrad
Gobaind is an experienced Consultant who taken part in various defense deployments in the Asian region and expanding his expertise to North America and in the Middle East. Gobaind is also in the first batch of Certified Cyber Sec Responders in Malaysia and a Member of a Regional Surveillance Group.
Currently, he is the Vice President for Nodrad Sdn Bhd, a radar company based in Malaysia and the Vice President for Gorrillaz Pounder, a security penetration company based in Singapore.
Managing Partner, Best Events Productions
Hanniz Efni began her PR, Advertising and Events career in CHANEL before forming her own event company, Best Events Services in 2008. Her clients include CHANEL, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes-Benz, YTL Hotels, Spirit Aerosystems, Lafargeholcim, and SHELL. Early 2019, she co-founded Best Events Productions Sdn Bhd with Sarah Bakri which produced its first event- the Global Drone Conference in Kuala Lumpur. Hanniz is also the host of Malaysian Entrepreneur Network and Community Builder of the Global Drone and AI Community.
CEO, Avant-garde Center of Excellence
Chong Soon is the co-Founder, and Vice President, of Malaysia Artificial Intelligence
and Robotic Association (MyAI.R). He also chairs the UAS Committee.
This association was formed to be a voice of the related industries in giving feedback to the government and to be a
platform for industry players to collaborate and create affordable solutions. To date, MyAI.R has MOUs signed with Shenzhen UAVIA and Asia Pacific Assistive Robotics Association (APARA).
Wan Azrain Adnan
CEO, MATA Aerotech
Wan Azrain’s roles and responsibilities have included strategic planning, project management, stakeholders engagement, commercial & business development, general management and auditing.
He has served both in the private and public sectors, notably Bank Negara Malaysia, Pantai Holdings Berhad, Kencana Capital, Sime Darby Berhad, Northern Corridor Implementation Authority (NCIA) and mTouche Technology Berhad.
Wan Azrain also served at the National Economic Advisory Council (NEAC), Prime Minister’s Department.
JC Robert DelHaye
Founder & CEO Drone Think Do
Drone Think Do is a Think Tank with expertise in Drones technology with a focus on United Nations SDGs
EU EIP-SCC UAM Ambassador for Belgium & Transborder Regions ( EU Commission Initiative)
U-Space Network of Official Demonstrators (Eurocontrol, EASA, EU Commission)
C-UAS / Counter-Terrorism Expert-Advisor
European Investment Bank UAV Expert
Smart Cities & Defense Expert