‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Best Events Productions entity with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, the Best Events Productions entity organising the event you are attending, or managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is; ‘the site’ means the Best Events Productions website you are visiting or engaging with; and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
2. How you can contact us:
3. Information we may collect about you
Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor speaker or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We may collect, for the purposes of any events that we operate badged access for, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which sponsors you have engaged with.
- For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
4. How we use information about you
We use personal data to:
Provide you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events and publications we run, or other services we provide (for example online webinars and e-newsletters).
For general administration and organisation of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending. We will need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event. Please note that we may also share your personal data with other entities in Best Events Productions for this purpose.
To keep in contact with you about other similar events or services of ours that may be of interest to you, or for research purposes after an event you have attended. Pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience at an event you have signed up to exhibit or sponsor at. Transfer your contact details to an Exhibitor or Sponsor if they scan your badge at one of our events.
Analyse user traffic to measure use of our websites and improve their content.
To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org).
Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
7. Third Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
Some of our websites may contain content and links to other websites or apps that are operated by third parties.
8. How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).